IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers Training
From £195pp | Distance Learn Training Course (Online Course Delivery)
The Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers course from IOSH provides essential knowledge for anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction activities.
The course provides a step-by-step guide to understanding and managing the risks involved.
Approved by CITB and Build UK, which means our course is aligned to the Build UK Training Standard and employers can access the CITB levy.
Compass HSC Ltd are proud to be the first Health & Safety company within Lancashire to offer this course from IOSH.
Learn from the comfort of your home or office, choose our distance learn option today!
Starting from only £195 per person, contact the team today.
4 Day Course
The course is run over 4 days in any combination that suits the organisation.
Receive your IOSH Safety Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers certificate on completion.
Starting from £195pp
No hidden charges – the price includes all that you need to qualify, including the assessment and IOSH certificate.
Who is this course for?
This course is targeted at anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction activities.
It is for people with management responsibilities working in construction, who need to understand their legal and practical health and safety and environmental responsibilities. Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
Now only £195 (+vat)
Complete course – No hidden fees
Fully IOSH approved – Tutor Lead Zoom Sessions
What the Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers course is broken down as follows:
Module 1: Understanding the background, including:
- Setting the scene
- Construction industry hazards and risks that can cause harm to employees, contractors, neighbours and others.
- Purpose of health and safety law and what it requires you to do
- Safety, health and environmental management good practice.
- The principles of construction law
- CDM 2015
Module 2: Preparing for work, including:
- Effective management of construction sites.
- The importance of competent and trained personnel on construction sites.
- Mitigating risk on construction sites.
- Emergency planning procedures.
- The environmental impacts and issues on construction sites.
- Effective waste management systems.
- Toolbox Talks
- Risk assessment, Risk Control, Methods & Permits
- Fire, First Aid, PPE, Safety Signs
Module 3: Setting up the site, including:
- Setting up a construction site
- The welfare of workers on construction sites
- Traffic management
- Identifying hazards on a construction site
Module 4: Construction phase health and safety, including:
- How to manage lifting operations safely including lifting procedures and inspections
- Excavation risks and control measures
- Control, management and rescue procedures when working in confined spaces
- Control, management and emergency procedures when working with electrical systems and equipment on site
- Control and management of overhead and underground services
- Control and management of temporary works, lone working and out-of-hours workers
- The key issues and control measures when working at height
- Common hazards on construction sites, their effects and symptoms and how to manage them
- Factors to consider when building and preparing for an inspection
- Reasons to investigate incidents
- The benefits of incident investigation
- Incident reporting
- How to identify and implement corrective actions
To complete this course, students must pass the IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers exam and project. (Costs included in course fee)
The IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers exam demonstrates the student’s understanding of the information contained within the course. The exam is taken via a live stream, so there is no need to attend a training centre. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions and must be completed within 50 minutes. Students must achieve at least 21 points from a possible 25 to pass the exam. Students can re-attempt the exam as required.
The IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers project demonstrates the student’s ability to conduct a risk assessment. The assessment can be conducted at the workplace, or anywhere with which the student is familiar. The project is completed offline and must be emailed to the HSQE tutors for assessment. Students need to achieve at least 23 points from a possible 38 points to pass the project.
Qualifications / certification:
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers certificate.
Our distance-learn training courses also include exercises to apply your learning within your organisation or one with which you are familiar. These exercises are not assessed and do not form part of your final result.
Assessment and examination:
Assessments are designed to evaluate delegates’ understanding of basic health and safety. Assessments for this course includes a multi-format question paper as well as a practical risk assessment project.
NEW – Distance Learning Option
Whilst classroom training can operate in a Covid-19 secure fashion, trainee numbers have had to be reduced per session, which has increased the costs per delegate.
With our new Distance Learning option, we have successfully delivered a wide range of Health and Safety courses throughout much of the lockdown period. Many of our students have even said that they prefer this format to a classroom session.
Why choose distance learning?
- No contact training (remote session)
- The Course program will be agreed to fit in with the needs of the delegates
- Structured and easy to follow programmes
- Classroom Sessions delivered live via Zoom
- Significantly cheaper than classroom-based training
- Comprehensive course materials
- Tutor support via e-mail
Special Offer - Now Only £195 + VAT
Complete course – No hidden fees | Fully IOSH approved – Tutor Lead Zoom Sessions
IOSH SHE for Construction Site Managers Certificate
Our IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers training course is fully approved by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
This is our assurance to you that it meets stringent standards for content, delivery and the support provided.
Upon completion this course, delegates are awarded a genuine IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers certificate.
Training is provided by an IOSH-approved tutor.
Choose our Distance Learn option for the fast, effective and low-cost way to learn.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This course takes 4 days to complete and this can be done in any combination to meet the needs of the company and contractors.
The distance learning course combines zoom tutorials with delegate lead exercises and takes around 12 to 16 hours to complete all 4 modules
This course provides the necessary skills and understanding of all those who manage and control on-site construction projects. This helps to better achieve compliance with the CDM process, and meeting the safety first, CDM philosophy
The course is supported by IOSH workbooks, and a case study is used as the basis for many of the course exercises and demonstrate an understanding of the principles.
The course is recognised by CITB and HSE- as a valid qualification.
This course is assessed via a test, consisting of a risk assessment project exercise and a closed book multiform test. The test is made up with a combination of multiple-choice questions and knowledge-based questions – you must achieve a score of at least 21 out of a possible 25 marks to achieve a pass.
The price you pay includes all you need to qualify for IOSH’s Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers.
Included with this course are the study book, final assessment and IOSH certification.
Costs from as little as £195 per person.
Meet Your Trainer
Brian Lambert (CMIOSH-IMaPS)
A background and foundation of skills and technical capabilities were honed over 25 years in the chemical process manufacturing sector with ICI and held many technical and Senior management roles as an electrical engineer, civil engineer, facilities site Manager and Construction department Manager.
Brian is vastly experienced and competent Health and Safety professional specialising in the higher risk sectors such as Construction, Demolition, Chemical Process Manufacturing and Engineering
Benefits for employers
Your investment in Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers will deliver immediate and measurable benefits:
Reduced accident levels, absence and sick leave
Increased efficiency and productivity
Reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
Better business continuity
Assists and Supports the following accreditions: